Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5, 2011


So, last night was supposed to be pizza night. We have an excellent local pizza joint, but those are $30 pies, so for weekly pizza night I get fresh pizzas prepared in the grocery store's deli and bake them at home. They're pretty good. Anyway, I went over to the store at 4:30, asked the girl behind the deli counter to make me a peperoni pizza, and set aside the cheese pizza that was in the deli case, while I picked up a couple other things. When I came back I waited, for about 10 minutes. Then she came out with a peperoni pizza, I thanked her and asked where the cheese pizza was. She said “this is the cheese pizza”, I told her I wanted two pizzas, one peperoni and one cheese. This would have been less annoying if I hadn't told her that three times at the outset. So she disappeared again, for like 15 minutes. Only to come back and tell me she was out of dough. She had a million excuses, none of which explained how it took her a half hour to put some peperoni on a pie and figure out that there was no more dough. Ugh. So I grabbed some frozen pizzas, which are getting way more gourmet like, though often don't taste all that good. If someone made a really good frozen pizza I would totally buy it all the time. Maybe I should make some calzones and freeze them. Anyway, I get to the register and go to pay for the pizzas only to realize that the dog had chewed up my debit card and some considerate little boy had put it back in my coat pocket. It needs to be replaced. And apparently you can't type in the numbers on the register for a debit card, who knows why. We ended up eating leftovers. The boys had penne with butter and parmesan, and a green salad. Steve had black beans on rice, and salad. I ate the last of the beef stew. I also put the last of a yummy spread I made onto celery sticks. It's super easy, combine 8 oz cream cheese and 5 oz blue cheese in a mixer, blend. Stir in a cup of chopped walnuts. It's good on crackers, but really good on apples, pears, and celery.
The other special thing I made yesterday was breakfast for Steve. We all had bagels, but I made him a sandwich. Toast a bagel (I used a cheddar-jalapeƱo), and fry two eggs, over a medium heat. Once the whites are just set top with two slices of cheese (I used havarti) and cover the pan. Once the cheese has melted slide each egg onto one half the bagel. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment